© Downfield MusicalSociety 2007
In 1938 rehearsals carried on in the Village Hall but the show moved to the larger Bonnethill Church Hall in the Hilltown area of Dundee In 1939 DMS decided to expand even further and it was decided to present “A Country Girl” in the Foresters Hall in Dundee which was later to become Dundee Repertory Theatre, but the call of war intervened and the show was cancelled, with many of the men of the company being called up. A decision was made that all committee positions would be held by the ladies of the company so that the society could be resumed after the war was won
Helen Johnstone and Frank Anderson in the Bandelero in 1937
Above the Company on stage of the Production Of San Marino a in 1933. (Pa Lamb is extreme right) Below a scene from the same show and left the orchestra for San Marino
The Company on stage of the Production Kamaldar Marino in 1931.
The Company on stage and staged groups from the Production The Count of Como in 1930
(Right) Bonnethill Church in Dundee where "The Quaker Girl" was performed in 1938
(Left) The production venue that never was.... The Foresters Hall in central Dundee where the 1939 show was to be performed but was cancelled due to the war This Building was built for the Ancient Order of Foresters in 1901, and in the 1940's and 50's housed Dundee Rep but in June 1963 a fire completely destroyed the building